Click the Picture above for more information!
- All submissions must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. If a suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right to add a disclaimer.† Repeat offenders may be subject to further action up to and including removal of stories and account.
Sample DisclaimerDisclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.† The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.† No copyright infringement is intended.
- TwiWrite.net does not filter or approve the content of a writerís work, but we have writerís guidelines because there is a certain amount of responsibility that falls on a writer to provide high quality, well written work.
- TwiWrite.net believes in freedom of speech. This is very important to us as we believe that authors have the right to write and post stories according to their creativity. We do NOT believe in filtering that creativity, however, we do believe that one topic is off limits. We WILL NOT accept stories that romanticise or promote child molestation in ANY FORM. A fic that mentions molestation as a passing element to the storyline for clarity (but not in graphic detail) is fine, as long as it's not glorified or comes across as promoting it. In other words, if your story has flashbacks of when a character was molested, or mentions it as a horrific event in the characters life, then we're alright with that. We will not have stories posted here that center around the subject in a way that shows this a good thing, because it's not.
If you are not sure if your story meets this criteria or not, please email us. We'll take a look for you and let you know if it's acceptable to post it or not.
NOTE FROM IZZY: I'm not even playin' when I say I will yank this kind of content off this site and delete your account. It is the one subject I will not tolerate. I'm all for expressing one's self in their writing, no matter how dark, demented, twisted, taboo something might be, but I won't accept any kind of sexual deviancy towards children. It's illegal to post such things in the US as well. Even if it wasn't, I'd still say no.
- TwiWrite.net accepts all Twilight centered Fan Fiction. We also accept original works from authors as well. At this time we do not offer characters or pairings for crossovers to be submitted. That does not mean you can't post crossovers, it just means that we don't have the proper promoting tools (pairings, characters, categories, etc.) for others to search for just your stories. Please be aware of that before you post any crossovers.
Also, we are not currently accepting stories from other fandoms at this time. We would really like to keep this site as "Twilight" centered as possible, but you are more than welcome to post any links or forum threads regarding your stories on other sites. We're all about self pimpage, so have at it.
- You may submit either a one shot story or a multi-chapter story.
- Each story should include a summary, main character/pairing selection, genre and a proper rating (see below).
- DO NOT WRITE IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS SENTENCE! We want to read your submissions like a book, not an area 51 sign.
- Please make sure you use proper spacing. It doesn't matter which site you are on, if there are no spaces for paragraphs and one liners, it will give the reader a headache. So please make sure that the proper spacing is used for your chapters. We have noticed that some members do have issues with uploading a chapter with formatting, opposed to just copy/paste. If you have errors, try the different methods to find which one is right for you.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. †If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category.† The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, and we worked very hard to add that functionality for you. So please do NOT add your story multiple times!
- Titles and summaries must be kid friendly.† No exceptions.
- "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
- A number of authors have requested that fans refrain from writing fan fiction based on their work.† Therefore submissions will not be accepted based on the works of P.N. Elrod, Raymond Feist, Terry Goodkind, Laurell K. Hamilton, Anne McCaffrey, Robin McKinley, Irene Radford, Anne Rice, and Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb. Please check this list for updated authors and their opinions on the matter of Fan Fiction: FANLORE
- Actor/actress stories are not permitted...not even if they're visiting an alternate reality.
Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site.† The site administrators are NOT GRAMMAR NAZIS.† However, the site administrators reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors.† If such a request is ignored, the story will be deleted. It is our goal to bring you good quality work and we need your help to do that. Please, for the love of all that is holy get a GOOD beta to edit your work before you submit it to the site!
Proofread your stories... (Several times if necessary) to ensure that there are minimal typos (we realize that you are human and mistakes happen). Use proper grammar/punctuation and make sure your ideas are clear and concise. You want the reader to give your work a chance, so donít turn them off in the first chapter with too many errors.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings.†All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings.†After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about!† Even thought this an 18+ archive, the site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately. You will not ever have to worry that your story will be pulled down because of content, but please be respectful of others who only search for certain stories by giving it a proper rating. We also ask that you add appropriate warnings within your story/chapter notes as well when needed.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories.† Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. (Please see instructions on how to upload your stories below) If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you. We are always available to help you when we can, so please don't hesitate to ask. It makes our job, and yours, a lot easier.
- As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories. For categories with serialized content, such as series of books or television series, spoilers are mandatory for the current season and/or most recent part. An appropriate spoiler warning to place in your summary would be: Spoilers for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. DO NOT do anything like this: Spoilers for the one where Spock dies.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators.† The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.
Proper Site Etiquette
- Respect your fellow writers! This was also touched on in the TOS. We will not tolerate members being mean, crass, or hateful to other members. The reason this is being touched on again here, is to stress the content of your author's notes. We will call for immediate suspension of any account if bashing of any sort is found in an AN or review.
- Offer to help them out when appropriate. Often the best beta readers are found among your peers. If you find a story that could use a beta, and you are willing to offer your services, contact the author. If you are contacted by a fellow writer offering these services, please do not be offended. Take it as a compliment that th e reader enjoys your story enough to want to see it become all it can be.
While TwiWrite.net accepts a multitude of stories and content, certain submissions are not allowed and we ask that you donít submit them here.
Non-stories, one or two liners, authorís notes or comments that interrupt the flow of the story. You may include an a/n at the beginning and end of each chapter. The system is set up for beginning and end notes.
Submitting multiple entries of the same material. You may only submit one copy of a u nique story to the site.
We also ask that you donít use music lyrics, poetry or any other copyrighted material that is not in the public domain.
- Plagiarism - While Fan Fiction is stories based on another authorís characters and settings, it is not considered plagiarism since you are coming up with a unique vision for your story. We ask that you donít copy material from another Fan Fiction author and try to pass it off as your own. Thatís unethical and canít be tolerated on this site. If you are found to be plagiarizing a story from another source we will remove your account.
- How to submit your story to TwiWrite.net:
Login and chose New Story
Add a title and a summary. At this time you can also add a banner if you so wish. Just select the "inert/edit image" box (it looks like it has a tree on it) located on the second line of the Tiny MCE editor attached to the summary box. Once the pop-up box appears, just paste/type the link to your image in the "image URL" line. Your image will appear in the preview box. There are several settings and preferences that you can change as well by clicking the different tabs. Once you are satisfied with your image, just hit insert, and viola! You have a banner.
Please do not post your banners above 500x500. You can changed this by clicking the preferences tab and entering 500 in the first box. This will resize your banner automatically. We do prowl the site to check the banner sizes daily, and if we find them above 500, we will change them. Please do NOT change them back. It's annoying to constantly change the banners that are gargantuan.
If you are doing a collaboration story with another author, you can enter their names at this time. Just use the search box, typing in the first few letters of the author's user name, to find and add them to your story. When the story is posted, it will have both names appearing as the author and show on both your profile pages.
Select a Category (Twilight, New Moon, AU). Make sure once you select a Category that you place it in the "selected categories" by highlighting the proper category and hitting the ">" button. You can choose more than one category, (ie. OS/AH), but we do ask that you put your story in the proper categories and not all.
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR STORY UNDER ORIGINAL FICTION IF TWILIGHT CHARACTERS ARE PRESENT IN YOUR STORYLINE!!! IT IS ONLY ORIGINAL FICTION IF THE CHARACTERS AND STORYLINE ARE COMPLETELY NEW AND ORIGINAL TO YOU THE AUTHOR, OTHERWISE ADD THE APPROPRIATE CATEGORY.
Select two main characters, a pairing (if applicable) and a Genre. If you want to add more than one character, Genre, etc, then just press and hold the "alt" key on your keyboard to add more than one.
Select Rating Ė please review rating system to place story in proper place. This is very important and you should review the ratings above if you have any questions.
Select Complete if story is a oneshot
NOTE: Round Robins are stories that anyone can add to. So please do not check this box unless you want others to participate in helping you add to a story. This is mainly used for challenges or group projects, not for co-authors.
You can either, Copy and Paste from your document and place it in the editor under Story Text, or upload your document from your computer. It is actually preferred that you use the copy/paste method as the formatting shows better. There have also been problems using the upload method with parts of the chapter not posting. It is best to use the tinyMCE editor when pasting the chapter. Just click on the icon that has a W over a clipboard on the second line of the editor. Once the pop-up box appears, paste your story into it and hit insert. Your chapter will appear in the story text box.
You may include author notes at the beginning of the chapter (Chapter Notes) and at the end of the chapter (End Notes). This is encouraged as it is a way to communicate with your readers about the story or fandom events you might have going on. You can also add story notes when posting the first chapter. This will only appear on your first chapter, and is a great place to put a summary or anything that you think the reader might like to know before starting.
Preview your story to make sure itís the way you want it. You can go back in and edit at this point.
Add Story once youíre satisfied
Your story is now added to our archives and can be found under the appropriate category.
†The ONLY Example Of Forbidden Content
Fiction Ratings can be found at www.fictionratings.com
K Ė Content suitable for most ages. Content should be free of any coarse language, violence and adult themes.
K+ - Content may not be suitable for very young children. Ages 9 and up with minor action violence without serious injury and should not contain adult themes.
T - Contains content not suitable for children under 13. Content may contain some violence, minor coarse language and minor suggestive adult themes.
M - Contains content suitable for mature teens and adults. Not suitable for children or teens below the age of 16. The content may include strong but non-explicit adult themes, references to violence and strong coarse language.
MA - Contains explicit content for mature adults only. May contain graphic violence, mature sexual situations, and explicit language. Read with caution.
Adding to Multi-Chapter Stories
Go to Manage Stories under Account Info
Click on Add New Chapter
Follow above steps for Uploading a Story
Once the chapter is to your liking, again, click Add Story. This will update your story with the new chapter.
Failure to comply with site rules will result in the removal of your stories and/or suspension of your account. Please consider these terms and guidelines before submitting your work.
If you have any questions regarding the Submission Rules, please feel free to contact us using the "contact us" button at the top of your screen. We are more than happy to help with anything you might need.